Sunday, 19 May 2013

EAT UP YOUR ICE CREAM, IT'S GOOD FOR YOU! ;-)

Ok, if you know me, you'll know I have a sweet tooth. But you'll also know that I don't like to eat candy bars, shop bought biscuits or dairy ice cream.
And luckily I don't ever have to because there are a million alternatives that are so much more delicious and don't make you feel heavy, sick and guilty afterwards.

But sometimes it has to be quick and easy. For this reason I always keep some frozen fruit in the freezer - my favourite are bananas, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. I also happen to have bags of grapes from our own vine that we harvested last autumn and some of last years apples.
And if I buy big fruit like Pineapple or Melon I might eat some and freeze the rest (peeled and cut into pieces in a freezer bag).
Frozen grapes by the way make a tasty little treat in themselves - they are cold, sweet and creamy on the inside, very delicious!

But for what I had in mind today, bananas were the main part, because today I made

BANANA AND BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
(for 2 people)



You will need:

2 frozen Bananas
1 good handful of frozen blueberries

Cut the bananas into pieces and blend them with the blueberries in a blender or foodprocessor. If you need to, add a little water (only as much as you need) to help the process.

That's all! You will end up with a yummy, creamy, deliciously sweet, melt in your mouth ice cream that  even your kids will love and you can tell them to eat it up because it's good for you! ;-)

And of course you can make this with other fruit too, but I would stick to bananas as a base.

Unless you want to make a yummy slushy ice cream drink!!

I often make this for the boys, they love it and again, it's full of nutrients and antioxidants and so so good for you! ;-)

Here it goes:

(this makes 3 big glasses)

1 packet of frozen raspberries (or strawberries, blueberries, mixed berries...)
1 glass water
Honey to taste

Blend in a blender to slushy-like consistency and serve ice-cold!




Enjoy!! ;-)



2 comments:

  1. Frozen banana ice-cream....!! So delicious!!! Can add a little coconut milk too for a bit of extra creaminess!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, sounds great! And of course you would add coconut to it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete