It's still a long way, but at least I was wearing sandals today, YAY!! ;-)
Temperatures were up to - hold your breath - 17ÂșC!!! Almost enough to go to the beach! ;-)
I can't wait for my veggies to grow so I can have the freshest of fresh dishes on the menu!!
It's amazing how many people these days are getting excited by the raw food movement, inspired by thousands of people who published their incredible stories online.
Just look at people like Philip McCluskey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbKL8KKBJk or the Boutenko family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQrN-P1VsY.
I can't wait for my veggies to grow so I can have the freshest of fresh dishes on the menu!!
It's amazing how many people these days are getting excited by the raw food movement, inspired by thousands of people who published their incredible stories online.
Just look at people like Philip McCluskey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbKL8KKBJk or the Boutenko family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQrN-P1VsY.
Anyway, even in Ireland, where it is perpetually cold and damp, an increased percentage of raw food in their diet is making more and more people feel better, healthier and more energetic! My own little circle of friends with a taste for green things is certainly growing...
Yesterday I had a friend over for tea. We both weren't hungry but we were talking non stop about delicious raw recipes until I almost started drooling so I made a quick raw carrot satay - just a tiny amount for for us to snack on.
What can I say, it is sooo tasty! My friend licked the bowl and spoon shiny clean and made more at home for dinner for her family while I myself couldn't stop thinking about it all day and had to have a bigger portion of it for lunch today, so here it is:
RAW CARROT SATAY:
Grate 2 - 3 carrots into a bowl. Or use a spiralizer to cut noodles. Or use a vegetable peeler and peel around the carrot until you can't peel any more to make ribbon "pasta".
For the sauce, blend (or whisk) together 1 garlic clove (finely chopped or blended), 1 red chili pepper (without the seeds, also finely chopped or blended, 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon (or to taste) soy sauce.
Mix carrot with the sauce and eat. Then go make more because you will want to! ;-)
I have to admit, the peanut butter was a bit of a cheat - If you want to be especially healthy and raw, use a freshly ground almonds and a little water instead, or at least cheat with almond butter. But if you don't have either, go ahead and cheat like me!
In any case - it is DELICIOUS!!
THE GOODNESS OF CARROTS
Carrots are well known as a very rich source of carotene and Vitamin A, which helps strengthen our vision, skin and reproductive organs. They are also known for their high amounts of anti oxidants and are recently being studies for containing special compounds called falcarinol and falcaridiol, which are the carrots natural pesticide (which is why they are so easily grown organically) and has an ability to destroy pre-cancerous cells in tumors
And of course they contain plenty of other vitamins and minerals, taste sweet and delicious and are low in calories.
Bon Appetit! ;-)


this looks amazing - i bet it tastes just as good as it looks - great blog, i've been reading about green smoothies and will try your recipe Elis x
ReplyDeleteYAY, my first comment! ;-) Thank you, I hope you enjoy it! ;-)
Delete